The Helsinki Festival is the largest arts festival in Finland, organised annually in late summer. The festival’s aim is to make art accessible for all.
The Helsinki Festival is arranged this year from August 17 to September 2.
The Night of the Arts is arranged on the 23rd of August 2012.
- In 2011, the festival had 184,000 visitors. Of these, 53,500 attended ticketed events with 130,200 taking part in free events.
- The 2011 Helsinki Festival programme line-up featured classical and world music, circus, dance, theatre, a children’s programme, cinema and a range of urban events.
- Helsinki Festival is one of the four main organisers and the coordinator of the Musica nova Helsinki new music festival.
- Helsinki Festival operates under the auspices of the Helsinki Week Foundation, established by the City of Helsinki.
- The executive body of the Helsinki Week foundation is its Board. Members of the Board are elected by the Helsinki City Board to serve a two-year term.
- Next Helsinki Festivals are organized on 16.8.-1.9.2013 ja 15.-31.8.2014